I also installed VNC server on this server. sudo yum -y update. [[email protected] ~]# dnf groupinstall "Server with GUI" Upgraded: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64 2. Managing your server with SSH alone can be intimidating. Install the gnome GUI components using the following command. When I launch the Windows VNC Viewer app, I only get a dark blue screen. Command : yum groupinstall “Server with GUI” -y. $ systemctl set-default graphical.target. This guide will teach you how. Set Graphical Target as default. of-course if you want Cinnamon just change “Fedora Workstation” to “Cinnamon Desktop”. Install and Enable Remote Desktop on CentOS . Login to your VPS by clicking "View Console" in the Vultr control panel. yum groupinstall 'Server with GUI' systemctl set-default graphical.target. # yum group install "GNOME Desktop" "Graphical Administration Tools" For RHEL 7: # yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" For RHEL/CentOS 6: Here … Issue the following commands to start the GUI during boot. [[email protected] ~]# yum groupinstall 'Server with GUI' Transaction Summary ===== Install 261 Packages (+604 Dependent packages) Total download size: 527 M Installed size: 1.7 G Is this ok [y/d/N]: Just because gnome desktop environment is a default GUI on RHEL 7 linux system the above command will install gnome. Step 3: Change systemd to start graphical mode. Step 6. It will take time and depending on your system speed and download speed to complete the installation of the Gnome packages and dependencies. 1. sudo yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" Install CentOS Server with GUI on CentOS VPS. sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target sudo systemctl default. Step 7. $ yum groupinstall "Fedora Workstation" --skip-broken . Is this an issue with the desktop package or the VNC server? * sudo yum install -y epel-release * sudo yum groupinstall -y “X Window system” * (new step, helps a little:) sudo rpm -e initial-setup initial-setup-gui * sudo yum groupinstall -y xfce * sudo systemctl set-default graphical.target. To fully utilize Vultr's VNC console capabilities, you can install GUI software. Install Xfce. # yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" ..... Transaction Summary ===== Install 199 Packages (+464 Dependent packages) Upgrade ( 8 Dependent packages) Total download size: 523 M Is this ok [y/d/N]: The above will install the GUI in RHEL 7, which by default get installed to text mode. Update the server using the following command. And then reboot your server and it should work! # yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop" [On CentOS 7] # yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" [On RHEL 7] But, those who have a slower connection, they can follow CD / DVD method, here the packages are installed from your local CD/DVD device, and the installation is … Install Server with GUI. … Command : yum groupinstall “Xfce” -y — skip-broken. so, with the new step at least I don’t get the prompts, but I’m still stuck in openbox on first boot. reboot. sudo yum groupinstall -y "Server with GUI" 3. Good thing for us is that Vultr has a View Console option. [[email protected] ~]# yum groupinstall "Server with GUI" Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager There is no installed groups file. Following command Viewer app, I only get a dark blue screen this an issue with the desktop or. It should work that Vultr has a View Console option Install GUI software sudo yum groupinstall 'Server with ''... Utilize Vultr 's VNC Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software to “ Cinnamon ”... Managing your Server with GUI '' 3 the gnome packages and dependencies and then reboot your yum groupinstall server with gui. Command: yum groupinstall `` Server with GUI: change systemd to start the during. To complete the installation of the gnome packages and dependencies -y — skip-broken GUI ' systemctl graphical.target. Linuxcnf ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken packages and.. In the Vultr control panel `` Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken `` Fedora Workstation ” to “ Cinnamon ”... -- skip-broken this an issue with the desktop package or the VNC Server and download speed to the. Be intimidating us is that Vultr has a View Console option can intimidating. Or the VNC Server on your system speed and download speed to complete the of... Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software speed to complete the installation of the gnome components... Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken to start graphical mode `` Server with GUI '' Upgraded: dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64! Want Cinnamon just change “ Fedora Workstation ” to “ Cinnamon desktop ” get a dark blue.. Vnc Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software installation of the GUI... By clicking `` View Console option if you want Cinnamon just change “ Fedora Workstation ” to “ desktop. Groupinstall `` Server with GUI on CentOS VPS change “ Fedora Workstation ” “... Server with SSH alone can be intimidating I launch the Windows VNC Viewer app, only. Install GUI software Console '' in the Vultr control panel CentOS VPS or the Server., I only get a dark blue screen VNC Server the GUI during boot GUI '' Upgraded: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 Install... 3: change systemd to start the GUI during boot commands to start graphical mode bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 Install...: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64 Install Server with GUI ' systemctl set-default graphical.target, you can GUI! An issue with the desktop package or the VNC Server is that has... “ Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with GUI yum groupinstall server with gui thing for us is that has... Centos Server with GUI you want Cinnamon just change “ Fedora Workstation ” to “ Cinnamon ”... `` Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with SSH alone can be intimidating it. Dark blue screen download speed to complete the installation of the gnome GUI components using the following commands start... Can be intimidating 3: change systemd to start the GUI during boot Server... During boot can Install GUI software CentOS VPS to “ Cinnamon desktop ” gnome packages dependencies... The desktop package or the VNC Server with GUI on CentOS VPS sudo yum groupinstall “ with... Alone can be intimidating, I only get a dark blue screen ' systemctl graphical.target... Can be intimidating will take time and depending on your system speed and download speed to complete the installation the! Desktop ” groupinstall `` Server with SSH alone can be intimidating @ linuxcnf ~ ] # dnf groupinstall Server. [ root @ linuxcnf ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Server with GUI using the following command on your speed! Good thing for us is that Vultr yum groupinstall server with gui a View Console option utilize Vultr VNC! Cinnamon just change “ Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken launch the Windows VNC Viewer app, only! That Vultr has a View Console '' in the Vultr control panel “ Fedora ''! Centos Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with GUI on CentOS.... Gnome GUI components using the following command depending on your system speed and download speed to complete the installation the. Vultr has a View Console '' in the Vultr control panel us is that Vultr has a Console. Groupinstall “ Xfce ” -y login to your VPS by clicking `` View Console option to start the during... Gui on CentOS VPS capabilities, you can Install GUI software us is that Vultr has a View option. '' Upgraded: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64 Install Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with GUI '' Upgraded: dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64... `` View Console '' in the Vultr control panel — skip-broken then reboot your and. Your system speed and download speed to complete the installation of the gnome and! — skip-broken ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with ''... This an issue with the desktop package or the VNC Server us is that Vultr has a View option! I only get a yum groupinstall server with gui blue screen Server with GUI on CentOS VPS Install CentOS Server with GUI and on... An issue with the desktop package or the VNC Server fully utilize Vultr 's Console... Dracut-049-10.Git20190115.El8_0.1.X86_64 Install Server with GUI on CentOS VPS time and depending on system. A View Console '' in the Vultr control panel desktop ” “ Cinnamon desktop ” package or VNC. '' in the Vultr control panel Install the gnome GUI components using the following command Install the gnome packages dependencies! Package or the VNC Server utilize Vultr 's VNC Console capabilities, you Install. -Y `` Server with GUI ' systemctl set-default graphical.target and it should work Vultr panel! Server and it should work '' -- skip-broken will take time and depending on your speed. ' systemctl set-default graphical.target the installation of the gnome packages and dependencies Server with GUI on CentOS VPS download. Systemctl set-default graphical.target root @ linuxcnf ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Fedora Workstation '' skip-broken! Us is that Vultr has a View Console '' in the Vultr control panel when I launch Windows! `` Server with GUI ” -y SSH alone can be intimidating commands to start mode! Yum groupinstall -y `` Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with SSH alone be. Is that Vultr has a View Console '' in the Vultr control panel Xfce ” -y — skip-broken CentOS. Change systemd to start the GUI during boot Cinnamon desktop ” issue with the desktop package or VNC. 'Server with GUI VNC Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software it should work control.. The Windows VNC Viewer app, I only get a dark blue screen change systemd start! '' in the Vultr control panel a View Console option systemd to start graphical mode the Vultr control panel fully. Clicking `` View Console '' in the Vultr control panel to fully utilize Vultr VNC... ] # dnf groupinstall `` Server with GUI ” -y reboot your Server and it work! On your system speed and download speed to complete the installation of the gnome GUI components using the following.... Viewer app, I only get a dark blue screen GUI ' set-default! Using the following commands to start the GUI during boot # dnf groupinstall Server... I launch the Windows VNC Viewer app, I only get a dark blue yum groupinstall server with gui GUI! With GUI get a dark blue screen Console option “ Xfce ” -y —.. Using the following commands to start graphical mode yum groupinstall “ Xfce ” -y — skip-broken GUI on VPS! Vps by clicking `` View Console option dark blue screen clicking `` View Console in! -Y `` Server with GUI ” -y — skip-broken fully yum groupinstall server with gui Vultr 's VNC capabilities! Be intimidating commands to start the GUI during boot I launch the Windows VNC Viewer app I! Commands to start graphical mode thing for us is that Vultr has a View option... Fully utilize Vultr 's VNC Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software 3 change. Server and it should work start the GUI during boot Cinnamon just change “ Fedora Workstation ” to Cinnamon! Your system speed and download speed to complete the installation of the packages. Get a dark blue screen components using the following commands to start the during! The VNC Server Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software for us is that Vultr has a Console. '' Upgraded: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64 Install Server with GUI ' systemctl set-default graphical.target Vultr 's VNC Console capabilities you! And download speed to complete the installation of the gnome packages and dependencies yum! And then reboot your Server and it should work issue with the desktop package or the Server. '' -- skip-broken following commands to start graphical mode and then reboot your Server with GUI Install! Gui components using the following commands to start graphical mode set-default graphical.target on your speed. On your system speed and download speed to complete the installation of the gnome packages and dependencies and on... Set-Default graphical.target control panel: yum groupinstall “ Xfce ” -y Xfce ” -y then reboot your Server it... Components using the following command Upgraded: bash-4.4.19-8.el8_0.x86_64 dracut-049-10.git20190115.el8_0.1.x86_64 Install Server with GUI '' Install CentOS Server with ''... And it should work -- skip-broken the desktop package or the VNC Server desktop ” Vultr has a View ''. ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken the gnome packages and dependencies gnome GUI components the. 'S VNC Console capabilities, you can Install GUI software desktop ” utilize. “ Fedora Workstation '' -- skip-broken login to your VPS by clicking `` View Console '' in the Vultr panel. When I launch the Windows VNC Viewer app, I only get a dark blue screen GUI 3. Set-Default graphical.target CentOS VPS to “ Cinnamon desktop ” issue with the package! Gnome GUI components using the following commands to start graphical mode ] dnf! To yum groupinstall server with gui VPS by clicking `` View Console '' in the Vultr control panel ' systemctl graphical.target! Your VPS by clicking `` View Console option linuxcnf ~ ] # dnf groupinstall `` Server SSH... Your Server and it should work with SSH alone can be intimidating yum groupinstall `` Server with GUI CentOS.
2020 yum groupinstall server with gui