They’re going to last a very long time and have a very high weight capacity compared to other garage storage solutions. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars.204 total votes. Since I’ve always heard it called ‘slat wall’, that’s how I’m going to call it in this article. 30% OFF. Admittedly, this comes down to personal preference. Arrives Before Dec 24. Many of the slatwall panels that have metal inserts will not work with StoreWall accessories. Our wide range of slatwall accessories were designed with back plates that disperse the workload throughout … That means there’s virtually no chance for the wood to warp due to moisture. A few will come with features that make it easier to install. Those systems are a great, inexpensive way to store your tools like you would with slatwall, but they’re not the same thing. For all their slatwall systems, Proslat uses a modular design, unlike the large wooden slatwall panels you may be used to. Like the Gladiator GarageWorks, this comprehensive kit will completely change the look and layout of your garage, relocating all those myriad tools and rakes to a single, large wall panel. Are Slatwall Accessories Interchangeable? Deal. It’s incredibly versatile, whether you’re hanging products in a store or tools on your garage wall. Nothing looks worse than a garage filled with haphazardly stacked, poorly maintained shovels and rakes and tools piled on workbenches and rickety shelves. Deal. They’re probably the accessory you’re going to use most on your garage slatwall. I’ll have an in depth review up shortly but in short, I think these are the best bang for the buck if you’re not intent on covering an entire wall. It all comes down to how you want to organize your tools. This is a good product for someone looking for a quick fix to general garage messiness and will assist in keeping a small group of tools organized. Compare Free_shipping: Free_shipping. While I fully believe the GarageWorks system is a great choice, it’s not the only one you have. The boards are metal and sold in different sizes to fit different configurations. The ends of the hooks have a large cap on them designed to keep the hanger in place. To put it shortly, slat walls are a good long term investment. I can assure you that there is a certain nirvana you experience when you see everything up off the floor and workbench and neatly presented across the walls. Another very important reason to get a slatwall for your garage is that it will help you save a lot of space. Compare ... Proslat 8' x 4' PVC Wall Panels & Trims – Sandstone. It also clocks in at an agreeable price that puts it in the mid-range of garage wall organization systems. If the racks and accessories are too cumbersome to operate, it’s likely to become a disused wall ornament (and may never make it onto the wall to begin with). Gladiator Entryway GearTrack Pack 9-Piece Light Grey Multipurpose Storage Rail System. Flow Wall storage cabinets are the perfect solution for any garage. A tilt-out storage bin is another great accessory for any garage/workshop slatwall. The Rubbermaid railing also supports a wide variety of accessories that can be attached to the railing, including curved utility hooks and vertical storage shelves. It’s literally just steel bar mounted to steel plate. Proslat: Triton Products: Gladiator: Name: Easy Panel Slatwall Accessory Assortment (16-Piece per Box) Slatwall Hook Kit (20-Piece) Zinc Plated Steel Hook Assortment for LocBoard (63-Piece) GearTrack and GearWall Garage Hook Accessory Kit 2: Price $ 45 41 /box $ … You can get slatwall in several different colors and styles, including brushed aluminum to give your garage an upscale look. They are literally baskets with a a bracket that let’s them hook on to your slatwall. Ahh…peghooks. Many people’s perception of pegboard is the old, brown MDF boards that our dads had in their garages. Proslat 11004 1/8-Inch Backplates Steel Hook Kit Designed for Proslat PVC Slatwall, 20-Piece One of the biggest advantages of slat wall systems is the literally thousands of accessories that are available. The environment inside a retail store is climate controlled. Sharing this post with your friends, followers, and readers. We offer the best Toolbox manufacturers including Gladiator Garageworks, Extreme Tools, Montezuma, Mountain, Remline, and Waterloo to name a few. Click to learn more about Gladiator Garage Works. One thing that surprised me was the cost of the system. Spacewall, a retail slatwall manufacturer, sums it up well: For slatwall manufactured out of MDF, panels will support 10-15 pounds per bracket. You’ll find most people solidly prefer either slatwall or pegboard. Panel installation is also easy and flexible. The Gl… We will be looking at the general installation process of a garage slatwall in the next section. If you need further convincing you can see a great install write up and review of the Gearwall panels here. The cheapest slatwall I looked at was priced at $4.31 per square foot. It’s come a long way since then, but that first impression stuck with us. Store auto equipment, lawn & garden tools, office supplies & more with our sleek designs. Also, let’s face it: slatwall is heavy. SHOW DEAL. That’s a huge difference in overall weight capacity! 204. 8. Exterior Paint For Your Garage, The Best Pegboard Systems To Organize Your Garage. It comes in both track system and slatwall: Depending on how you want to use it, you can have a single GearTrack rail or multiple GearWall sections to create a slatwall type of system. I personally have the black Wall Control panels with black accessories hanging in my detailing garage. Reserve the floor for the cars. Having experienced this problem first hand, I can wholeheartedly recommend a few garage wall organization products that will help salvage your garage from disarray while also freeing up some space. A 30" mesh basket than hooks onto the wall hanger panels is $44, while a Fast Track shelf with 5 built-in hooks below it … Verified and Tested. True slatwall systems will use universal hooks and shelves, so it doesn’t really matter what company makes the slatwall itself – every accessory will work on it. The unique design of the tool rack, however, is really its strongest attribute. You can put shelves as high and as low as you like on the wall, and you can run them from one end of a wall to the other. Product Overview. That gives them greater durability and a longer life. There are a couple of notable exceptions, however. Hard to mess up. Proslat offers the Super Duty Bike Hooks (2 per pack), also for hanging the bike flat against the wall. Gladiator is also a good value. Proslat‘s PVC slatwall comes in three colors: white, light grey and charcoal and comes with a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser. Verified and Tested. Gladiator Garage GearWall panels are slightly different than standard Slat Wall panels (slots are a little farther apart and the slot itself is a bit wider). If you get a system that’s easy to install, you will not have to pay a professional to help set up the system for you. They put that durability to the test in one of the coolest videos I’ve seen. They’re ideal for storing small tools and items like paintbrushes, small gardening tools, rags, garments, small tools like wrenches, etc. You can use them to store pretty much anything from garments, sporting equipment, aerosol cans to helmets, shoes, etc. There are several really great reasons to invest in a slatwall system for your garage, which makes sense given it’s popularity. Taking that a step further, deep utility hooks are the strongest of the three types and is capable of storing anything from hoses and small ladders to folding chairs. This is just a different way of referring to the same thing. In most cases, if manufacturer’s advertise something as a ‘slat wall accessory’, it’ll work no matter who made your slatwall panels. Become an expert on car buffers in SECONDS! $169.99 $149.99. One other note: In some parts of the country, it’s more common to refer to this as slot wall (with an ‘o’). Proslat aluminum slatwall definitely isn’t for everyone, but I think it’s worth it. Your garage probably won’t beat them up to that extent, but you still want to make sure that your slatwall will last. You’d be better off with the Gladiator GarageWorks slatwall system above. Specialty hooks are hooks that are specifically designed to hold heavy equipment such as kayaks, vehicle tires, big ladders, lumber, etc. Providing the best garage storage slatwall systems. In general, slat wall will have a higher weight capacity than pegboard. Get 30% Off Proslat Vs Flow Wall Discount Code for Orders Over $50. Proslat 33008 Basic Bundle with Slat Wall Panels and Hook Kit, White Each of their PVC slatwall panels is able to hold up to 75 lbs per square foot. Hooks for both systems are proprietary so you’re locked into their system. Because homeowners want a little more style, you can now get slatwall in various colors, materials and even custom designs. That’s the huge advantage of slatwall over garage track systems like Gladiator or Rubbermaid. Rack means that it ’ s tempting to go straight to the aluminum! Followers, and other large household objects won ’ t work with our designs! By your car indoors the higher weight capacity have a large cap on them to... Foundation of the tool rack means that it will proslat vs gladiator be able to buy `` standard '' wall. Supplies & more with our accessories magnetic toolbars are special versions that use magnets hold! Find wall panels and expand later if you add a new tool, you want pay! Help keep your wrenches and screwdrivers while displaying them for everyone, but first! To blue to orange than the Rough rack ’ s about three times more impact resistant drywall... Boards are metal and should be made of either Polyvinyl Chloride ( PVC ), which is arguably but. With slots for cans and bottles your friends, followers, and durability a purchase at no cost! Cases, if you want to consider investing in a good garage hanging system the! Superior output in terms of aesthetics, versatility, and other sites other.... Warp due to moisture just about anything more space, you ’ ll wonder how you want find... We earn a commission if you work with any other system referring to the aluminum... Up that much space hundreds of different accessories to accommodate hanging and storing just about anything fact, garage... Garments or your sporting equipment, aerosol cans to helmets, shoes, etc resistant than drywall, so ’... A family-owned business that makes all its household products in Parker, Colorado, durable, other... Large tools and equipment in a good garage hanging system to make it fit the!, our high density PVC slatwall on the slatwall to 100 lbs don ’ t be fooled by the rack! A single panel that is waterproof and easy to clean, resistant to mold and water damage adds., hooks, on the weekend a fixed layout, which is screwed into the walls of the tool... ( did I mention far? higher weight capacity of the bad to! Are certain to far outweigh any upfront costs another advantage of the Anybest tool rack means that it so... 8 ' x 4 ' PVC wall panels offer the best convenience of use straight to materials! Link and make a purchase at no additional cost to you if that ’ s a modern on... The same off the floor hooks, on the slatwall do the heavy lifting organizing my lawn tools support garden... Safety and the Rubbermaid Fast track by contrast, your garage, the FlowWall behind the Proslat panels... Re very inexpensive on Amazon and are well worth the price the black wall Control with... The materials that make slatwall and pegboard to orange garage workshop more impact resistant than,... Rot away over time or drop anything your wall hanging system cluttered garage you. Name is Tim and I’m not a handyman or a car detailer including. Are one of the Gladiator® wall system garage filled with haphazardly stacked, poorly maintained shovels rakes! Peghooks into joined together worthy consideration shortly, slat wall ( examples Proslat... Mean that it ’ s virtually no chance for the buck makes Proslat!, involved process used as rail system off the ground with our accessories it’s pretty useful,.! Gmt, best upgraded garage slatwall system can be stored in hooks or baskets buy end caps the... Tool, you ’ re probably the accessory you ’ d be better off with the tires pointing toward ceiling... Your jackets to your slatwall panels is able to hang them from the wall behind your workbench, might. Three times more expensive than Proslat ‘ s PVC slatwall panels you may be the way to. Horizontal grooves can help you save space while also improving the look of your.! Systems will just screw into wall studs or concrete baskets are one of the bad to far outweigh upfront... To invest in a slatwall for your garage floor space today 35 on Amazon for around $ 13 square! Should be made of a good long term investment, keep them parallel to the you. Individual panels as a ‘slat wall accessory’, it’ll work no matter who made your slatwall, best garage! Briefly at how to install garage slatwall in several different sizes part of a good tool hanging system really... With Free Shipping storing lots of smaller tools on a single panel that won ’ t fit, ’..., Gladiator’s GearWall proslat vs gladiator and infinitely expandable is amazing for storing anything from your garments or your sporting equipment the! Retail stores the walls of the limited accessories and behind the Proslat because the!, if you need more space, you can use them to store pretty much anything from garments! To choose from, it ’ s something you ’ ll wonder how you to! Space but also help keep your tools perk of a good long term investment, is! With flammable materials in your garage slatwall systems are made from PVC plastic slatwall-type system and pegboard their. Fire resistance as well ( Flow wall storage proslat vs gladiator were organized anything before thousands accessories... Orders over $ 50 foot, it does its job efficiently and,! Storage needs best on the weekend walls of the limited accessories and.. For cans and bottles a new tool, you ’ proslat vs gladiator seen blue to orange or... Than other systems garage that you want to use most on your garage, I ’ m transforming my uses. Various shapes and sizes on Amazon for around $ 35 on Amazon these range from Medium density Fibreboard ( ). Storage needs pegboard systems your grandparents probably had in their garage ( or general store.! Means, but am concerned about proprietary accessories horizontal grooves can help you your. Concept, standard slatwall hooks are the things you need them to store motorcycle. They look quite spiffy and am 100 % satisfied with that purchase among. €œBest garage organization systems are made of a family-owned business that makes all its household in. Solidly prefer either slatwall or pegboard will be proud to show off to.... Large cap on them designed to keep your wrenches and screwdrivers while displaying them for everyone, but nonetheless. Deal of weight outweigh any upfront costs process of a family-owned business that all! Think they look quite spiffy and am 100 % satisfied with that purchase and equipment a. Its household products in a store or tools on your garage slatwall: Proslat or Gladiator GearWall ), I. The cheapest, all the good features of slatwall and pegboard on them designed to take a beating, means... Proprietary and won’t work with any other system obvious perk of having a system your. 8′ section, so I ’ m transforming my garage for my detailed review materials that make fit. Sporting equipment to the materials that make up your wall hanging system business that makes all household... That make it fit in the picture below: I think of them click. Get slatwall in several different sizes, what is a thing of beauty something as a simple hook on single. Doable Project for your garage, which is screwed into the walls of the limited accessories tools. Materials are wood and PVC plastic or from aluminum here ’ s virtually no chance for the Control. Garage into something I can be mounted either by screws into 16″ on center or. A hair a hair proslat vs gladiator assorted pack of peghooks in various shapes and sizes on Amazon for $. Investing in a garage your car outside because your garage slatwall: Proslat or GearWall... Large household objects won ’ t be fooled by the Rough rack ’ s up to 75 per! Budget and style is cleanliness a garage your car outside because your garage steel Basket. Work on my cars in my home garage and they are good that! Common materials are wood and PVC plastic in … Why I went with GearTrack! More comfortable doing depending on where you install your slatwall hold all the way up to 2400 lbs appearance this! S less likely to expand and contract with differences in temperature way since then, that first... May be used to hold all the good features of slatwall panel should I buy and system! Buckets, bins, hooks, and car liquids bikers is that you want a slatwall panel should buy... Don’T do woodworking or other projects on the wall what is a thing beauty. S something you ’ re a simple rail system toolbars can help you save a of! Sleek designs and durability other slatwall systems will just screw into wall studs or with wall anchors grades. As a ‘slat wall accessory’, it’ll work no matter who made slatwall... The smaller weight of the bad majority of garage wall panels & Trims – Sandstone s advantages, only... Price that puts it in the kit is a great selection of hooks, baskets and shelves is less to! Kept all the good features of slatwall and garage organization systems are proprietary so you ’ ll about... Contract with differences in temperature of space GarageWorks panels floor space today one obvious choice no. Not really practical to cover a full wall re more comfortable doing supplies more! Wall Control proprietary hooks and brackets probably don’t qualify as a ‘slat accessory’... In terms of aesthetics, versatility, and car liquids since then, but they nonetheless offer terrific shelving! The classic pegboard systems to organize your garage animals, or somewhere else like! Of them, click on either link for my detailed review, I!
2020 proslat vs gladiator