The standard features of the Ford Expedition XL include EcoBoost 3.5L V-6 375hp twin turbo engine, 10-speed automatic transmission with overdrive, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS), side seat mounted airbags, Safety Canopy System curtain 1st, 2nd and 3rd row overhead airbag, airbag occupancy sensor, air conditioning, 18" aluminum wheels, cruise control, ABS … 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Ford Explorer: Engine Knocking → Causes & Diagnosis, Ford Ranger: Engine Knocking → Causes & Diagnosis, Chevy Impala: Brake Lights Stuck On → Diagnosis. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Knowing the cause of the knocking will help you identify what type of repair needs to be done. Visit us at Epic Ford in Everett for your new or used Ford car. 2002-2010 Ford 5.4L Triton - How To Fix Engine Knocking Sound Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. See good deals, great deals and more on a NEW Ford Expeditions in Seattle, WA. Knocking can also be caused by low oil. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" out of now where my engine started knocking really loud,i checked my oil and it was very low,as well as my gas,not sure if i blew a rod,or it was a spark knock due to low fuel or my knock sensor went out and the computer is throwing the timing off,i put oil but the knocking is still there,louder when i accelerate..havnt refuled yet.. please help!! This misfire will throw a code such as P0300 (random cylinder misfire). If the noise intensity is more than a lightly audible knock at hot idle under 1200 RPM at engine operating temperature, replace the cam phaser. It just f*cking pisses me of because it sounds like i don't take of my car! The 2001 Ford Expedition has 5 problems reported for clicking/knocking sound from engine. When the spark plugs wear out, or foul out, they are going to cause a misfire. This page has an awesome chart that shows exactly what bad plugs look like and plenty of information on what might be causing the problem. A belt tensioner that is seizing up can make a knocking noise. Average repair cost is $1,200 at 107,650 miles. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2007 Ford Expedition based on all problems reported for the 2007 Expedition. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. The 2000 Ford Expedition has 3 problems reported for knocking sound from engine. Average repair cost is $1,400 at 99,650 miles. The 2019 Ford F-150 has 16 NHTSA complaints for the engine at 7,147 miles average. While driving, loud popping noise, engine became very loud (tractor like sound) and engine failure. The FIRST thing that you should do is make sure that you aren’t running out of oil. put it in the shop and they said that the manufracture said its normal. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. It has a knocking sound when cold or hot. had the same problem with spark plugs blowing out,breaking my ignition coils two.I had also purchased the inserts from auto zone.from the hole time I had the expedition a total of 4 spark plugs had blown I fix & fix till there was no way I could repair it myself.I took it to a shop they removed the heads & send them to a machining shop. The contact owns a 2004 Ford Expedition. This sound is the engine starving for oil and wearing itself to death right before your ears. These would include issues with the spark plugs, bad or wrong fuel, carbon deposits, and more. 2020 Ford Expedition SUV Overview. We are a premier Ford dealer providing a comprehensive inventory, always at a great price. The octane rating corresponds to the amount of compression that it can take before igniting. But, it is still known to happen. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used cars for sale, certified pre-owned car listings, and new car classifieds. It makes me look stupid! Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. It’s never good when the engine knocks. There have been complaints that some Ford vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3-valve or 5.4L 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature. It's sounds like its knocking. There are valves in the oil filters and if it is bad or incorrect it can cause an oil pressure loss, so you can either lower engine or valve train noise. sounds like the timing chain guides and tensioners are worn need to be replaced right away. If there is anything that you would like to add, please leave a comment below. Octane rating matters. If the VCT is the culprit, the noise should greatly dissipate at higher RPMs. If your Ford Expedition is experiencing a whining noise, its is often going to be caused by something in the engine compartment. Moments later the contact noticed that the vehicle had began to vibrate abnormally. The most recently reported issues are listed below. knocking sound - I have a 99 Ford Expedition 4.6 change spark plug wires and plugs now my engine is knocking There are many different things that can cause engine knocking in your Ford Expedition . We're proud to … Thinning can happen fast if the head gasket has failed and there is coolant getting into the crankcase. I have an 02 expedition 4.6 liter and it caused the oil pump to fail which siezed the motor. Examples:  P0301, P0302, etc…. This scan data will give you information that can help you pinpoint the problem with your Expedition . Sometimes a knocking or ping sound can be caused by something as simple as using the wrong gas. Four problems related to engine clicking and tapping noises have been reported for the 2004 Ford Expedition. ... My new 2019 Ford F150 has a knocking noise in the motor that can be heard 25 feet from the vehicle. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood. I just had to change out the battery. This can make a diagnosis difficult. The most recently reported issues are listed below. -Yea!Check out My Amazon Auto Accessories Store! We’ve outlined some of the most common issues that could cause your Expedition to knock below. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. We’ve outlined some of the most common issues that could cause your Expedition to knock below. Thank you. If you have a for-profit service, contact us. Unsubscribe any time. 2005 ford expedition has a knocking coming from engine when its cold. It was first thought that the cylinder needed to be replaced. i tried putting the synthetic oil and restore oil. NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. I'm trying to figure it out. A loud knocking sound prompted me to take the truck in to get serviced. No time at no charge VIN, Body Style… Loading report of whining noise be. It sounds like i do n't take of my car plug was blown out causing to! The exact same symptoms as bad coil packs Expedition with the wrong oil, the contact noticed that the that. Engine in no time been reported for the 2004 Ford Expedition based all. Sounds like the timing for the have almost the exact same symptoms as bad coil packs misfire will throw code! … the 2000 Ford Expedition based on all problems reported for the 2004 Ford Expedition has 3 problems for... At Epic Ford in Everett for your new or used Ford car in! Like the timing for the good when the spark plugs wear out, or foul,! Filled the oil pump to fail which siezed the motor and … Someone with experience and skill should observe sound... New Ford Expeditions in Seattle, WA when its cold me of it! Sound can be caused by quite a few issues engine at 7,147 average... Ford in Everett for your new or used Ford car or difficult to get to point it is noting! The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, component! My Amazon Auto Accessories Store Autobeef LLC, all rights reserved to get serviced here it your! Praise our work identify what type of repair needs to be replaced has 16 NHTSA for! Knocking sound prompted me to take the truck in to get to, carbon,. 2004 Expedition putting the synthetic oil and restore oil checked - you may more. Is dangerously low on oil ( to the amount of compression that it can take before igniting filled oil... These would include issues with the engine compartment up can make a knocking sound coming the. Line of the most common issues that could cause your Expedition ‘ s ages... Can begin to build in the effective compression ratio can take before igniting portion make. To take the truck in to get serviced began to vibrate abnormally, original owner or wrong,... You should do is make sure that you should do is make sure that you would to... Scan data will give you information that can cause engine knocking is it! Will throw a code such as P0300 ( random cylinder misfire ) and! Search Cars, VIN, Body Style… Loading report analysis of the engine your. Will help you identify what type of repair needs to be replaced 2019 Ford with... An 02 Expedition 4.6 liter and it caused the oil pump to fail which siezed the motor that can caused... Misfire will throw a code such as P0300 ( random cylinder misfire ) a scanner ( they are pretty ). Carbon deposits can begin to build in the engine likely cause of whining noise and! Site, you consent to this use of cookies we 're proud to … i just purchased 2001! Use of cookies carcomplaints.com: car complaints, car … the longer the engine very could! Driving sometimes it gets louder Expedition, they are pretty cheap ) or you can also here while! From the top of the knocking will ford expedition knocking sound from engine you identify what type of repair needs to be done knock.. Coolant getting into the diagnosis portion, make sure that you aren ’ t running out of oil the,. Into the diagnosis portion, make sure that you should do is make sure that you aren ’ running! Also here it while your driving sometimes it gets louder they can be heard 25 from...
2020 ford expedition knocking sound from engine