Anything you purchase through links on our site may earn us a commission. Does Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort have any great views? Guests are asked to wear masks when 6’ distance is not possible and signs throughout the ranch remind, “Wearing a mask is a sign that your momma raised you to care about others.” The Welcome Letter presented at check-in also clearly states, “While we don’t have ‘face mask sheriffs’ roaming the property, we hope you will live by the Western Code of using good sense and common courtesy.” We have found that everyone has been cognizant of these rules. Specialties: A beautiful setting with a large patio terrace over-looking the River Course at The Alisal and the Santa Ynez River backdrop. Thank you, Alisal! Lunch is available daily at the Chuck Wagon and serves a variety of traditional favorites for kids. And, of course, the kids loved the haywagon ride and pancake breakfast. Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. In addition to the enormous ranch, Alisal guests have access to a private, 100-acre, spring-fed lake, which is home to a wide array of wildlife. What a fun place to visit! Set on a 10,000-acre working cattle ranch, this one-of-a-kind resort blends the best of nature with exceptional golf, horseback riding, tennis, fishing on a 100-acre private lake, fitness center and spa, children's activities, barnyard activities and fine dining. From checking in with Jennifer to our departure it was Smooth and relaxing . Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Solvang: See 366 traveller reviews, 1,301 user photos and best deals for Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, ranked #1 of 12 Solvang hotels, rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Yes, send me expert advice, handpicked recommendations, and tips for my family. and wrangler-led pony rides. Conveniently located restaurants include Olsen's Danish Village Bakery, Brothers Restaurant at the Red Barn, and Birkholm's Bakery & Cafe. From checking in with Jennifer to our departure it was Smooth and relaxing . Hotels near Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, Hotels near Bacchus Culinary Adventures and Wine Tours. 182 reviews. We spent a lot of time on the lake and caught 10+ fish. The rooms, the beds and bedding, the grounds, the food, the staff and the scenery were all top notch!!! Solvang, CA The course was in tremendous shape from the recent rains this winter which was sorely needed. I played the tips which enhances the feel and sights from the elevated tee boxes. Kids ages 4 to 6 receive personalized attention with arena lessons available three mornings a week. The Fitness Center and Spa is spread out along 6,000 feet and features a well-equipped cardio weight room, private or group fitness class and the Spa features our signature treatments including hot stone massages, facials, and more. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort is nestled in the beautiful Santa Ynes Valley and the renowned Santa Barbara County wine country. Own or manage this property? Nearby attractions include PCPA - Pacific Conservatory Theatre (3.7 km), Solvang Festival Theater (3.7 km), and Old Mission Santa Ines (3.7 km). Start your review of Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort. Response from Kathleen Cochran, General Manager at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort. The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort was the best learning experience anyone in the industry could ask for. Played golf twice and the Ranch course was excellent and well groomed. Review by Lanee Lee… With the engine running, car packed, I was looking forward to the solo road trip to Santa Ynez county for a few days at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort.Checking on my supply of business cards before I hit the road, I reached in my purse for my wallet. Our son took his first tennis lesson in the Pee Wee Tennis Clinic. are super-kind (regardless of the “no tipping” philosophy here,) wranglers are patient... and with sanitation clearly at heart, the housekeepers are good, (though lax about firewood requests.) Despite the Covid restrictions, the resort was a great getaway with many opportunities for other activities....next time for sure. Share review. Played golf twice and the Ranch course was excellent and well groomed. The two golf courses are very nice and each one has a very good restaurant on site. I highly recommend Alisal to just "get away" for a few days or for group outings and family retreats. See you again soon, Alisal! Thank you so much for your outstanding review!! Both kids enjoyed the lead around horseback ride and playing in the pool. The real wood burning fireplace and no TV was exactly what was needed. Privately owned and operated since 1946, the Alisal is a working cattle ranch and full-service resort. Review of Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort Reviewed October 25, 2016 I had planned my husband's 80th birthday weekend for our family: 14 adults and 10 grandchildren. If you are looking to get the kids back in touch with nature, this is a good place to do it. Kiddie Korral is for kids ages 3 to 6, the MAC Club is for 7 to 12, and Teen Times for ages 13 to 17. fishing from boats and the dock, the hayride to the adobe breakfast and the Cowboy Poet (NOT the swarms of yellow jackets at the Adobe breakfast tables, though!) The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort is located in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley and renowned Santa Barbara County wine country. Best family vacation we have ever had. Nathan Turner, celebrated interior designer, and author of “ I Love California” is coming back to The Alisal. Our Deluxe Suite was perfect and had plenty of room. The ranch style rooms have fire places, a desk, and a large separate bathroom area, all very nicely appointed. Well done ALISAL. There are few places where a beach, city and ranch vacation can be combined so easily. His October 2019 workshop was a huge success, … What are some restaurants close to Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort? There are 73 guestrooms at the ranch, which range from studios to spacious one-bedroom suites. Thank you so much for your detailed review and you kind comments along with some great feedback. The Alisal feels miles away from the nearest town, yet in 10 minutes guests can be eating pastries as big as their heads in the Danish-inspired town of Solvang, and it’s only 30 minutes from Santa Barbara. We met a lovely family with kids ages 4 and 5, who were there for their son's birthday, too. It sounds like everyone was able to take full advantage of all we have to offer. But be sure to warn the kids that there are no in-room TV's. Geared toward those wanting to experience the outdoors but in comfort, it's an ideal choice for a family who wants to get away and go horseback riding, fish for bass and trout, golf, and play tennis. Your perfectly elegant, rustic wedding at the Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort. Very relaxing - no TV's, no radio's, limited cell reception (but you can get it if you need it)...great activities and equally excellent staff - from horseback riding to ebikes to fishing to tennis to pickle ball and on and on...if everyone doesn't have a good time here...well something's amiss... We recently spend 2 days and one night at the Alisal Ranch. Price not available for the given date range. Everyone has been so nice and friendly in this gorgeous sycamore-lush spot in the golden hills of California. When you check in you get an activity schedule that outlines all the great things that kids and families can do. Yes, guests have access to a pool, a fitness centre, and a sauna during their stay. They serve as a reminder of simpler times and as an invitation to those with a taste for adventure. I highly recommend Alisal to just "get away" for a few days or for group outings and family retreats. Drive 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara and you’ll find Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort’s 50 miles of riding trails, 100-acre spring-fed lake, two 18-hole championship golf courses, tennis courts, pool, spa, western-themed accommodations, fine dining, and endless ways to unplug and unwind. Each unit includes a wood-burning fireplace with firewood, high-beamed ceilings, a refrigerator and coffee maker. Travelers looking to commune with nature in a charming, western atmosphere need look no further -- Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort delivers a classic dude ranch experience. From the attentive bell staff, the delicious food and the gorgeous surroundings it was the perfect place to work hard and play hard. And, you are right the Spring Time is just beautiful- it looks like Ireland with rolling green hills. Are there opportunities to exercise at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort? We had a hot deal greens fee so expect to pay about 75% more. The Alisal Spa is open daily from 9am – 4pm. Yes, it offers wheelchair access, reduced mobility rooms, and facilities for disabled guests. I made reservations months in advance with hope that accommodations, meals, service, activities for the grandchildren would be enjoyed by all. We have been very cautious during the pandemic and felt very comfortable with all the protocols in place at Alisal. And, I was in heaven on a. group trail ride around the scenic property. Just as an example of a few of the many activities for kids are relay races, face painting, roping classes, chalk art, scavenger hunts, arts and crafts, helping at the barn, water balloon tosses, mountain biking, target paintball, volleyball, teen night out at the movies, parties, dances, and zip lines. Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Solvang: See 354 traveller reviews, 1,293 photos, and cheap rates for Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Solvang and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Tripadvisor Travel Rating: Read most recent traveler reviews » I have wanted to go to Alisal my whole life! Played golf twice and the Ranch course was excellent and well groomed. Cute, comfortable, nicely appointed cottages and some of the best food ever. Sara R. Los Angeles, CA. This is a great golf getaway location, just a short driving distance into Solvang where there’s great shopping and lots of options for eating. Alisal Guest Ranch provides a luxurious, world-class experience. alisal guest ranch hotel solvang, alisal guest ranch and resort, alisal hotel solvang, alisal resort solvang, alisal ranch solvang, the alisal guest ranch. The roasted pork chile verde was like modern Mexican cuisine reminiscent of Border Grill in L.A., and one of the best things I've ever eaten. 5/15/2017. This historic ranch is one of four original Spanish land grants on the west coast given to conquistador Raimundo Carrillo in the late 1700’s. Browse Venue prices, photos and 5 reviews, with a rating of 4.1 out of 5. We recently spend 2 days and one night at the Alisal Ranch. Today, the romance and majesty of the old west remain in the wide-open spaces and unspoiled natural beauty of the Alisal. I grew up in L.A. and heard about it from many childhood friends. COVID update: Rancho Alisal Apartment Homes has updated their hours and services. Or, simply take it all in on a nature walk around the lake. Please see our Massage Treatments page for more information about the various treatments available and updated policies. Get expert advice, handpicked recommendations, and tips for your family all year round! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. 134 photos. Book Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Solvang on Tripadvisor: See 366 traveler reviews, 1,301 candid photos, and great deals for Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Solvang and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. The Oak Room features nightly entertainment; and there is a list of babysitters available from the ranch for a night out. Yes, laundry service and self serve laundry are offered to guests. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Review of The Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort. I’ve heard spring is incredible!!! From checking in with Jennifer to our departure it was Smooth and relaxing . From the rustic elegance of outdoor options ranging from shaded creekside havens, lake, historic adobe and more, it is no wonder so many celebrities have chosen Alisal as their backdrop for memories to be remembered for a lifetime. This 10,000-acre ranch is tucked into the Santa Ynez Valley 30 minutes north of Santa Barbara. Does Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort offer any business services? You can also rent of one three Catalina Expo twelve and a half foot sailboats, and take sailing lessons if you so desire. We found all of the staff to be incredibly friendly. Parking is great. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Glassdoor has 4 Alisal Guest Ranch reviews submitted anonymously by Alisal Guest Ranch employees. Yes, guests often enjoy the park view available here. On Tuesdays and Thursdays riders are treated to an evening trail ride with gorgeous sunsets and view of the local wildlife. It is home to 50 miles of riding trails, a 100-acre spring-fed lake, two courses, tennis courts, pool, spa and fine dining. © Copyright 2020 Family Vacation Critic All Rights Reserved. For breakfast we feature many classic… Dinner at the Ranch house was gracious and the food excellent.with the servers being attentive but not hovering. Fishing (for bass) on Alisal Lake is reserved for guests of the ranch. Book Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Solvang on Tripadvisor: See 358 traveller reviews, 1,296 photos, and cheap rates for Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Solvang and rated 4.5 of 5 at Tripadvisor. 117 reviews of Rancho Alisal Apartment Homes "I've moved in for a month now after I visited my friend who was also living here. The lake is bigger than I'd imagined, very quiet and serene. Experience ranch-inspired, country weddings in Santa Barbara wine country. During the summer, the Alisal offers a kids' program for children. Dinner at the Ranch house was gracious and the food excellent.with the servers being attentive but not hovering. We stayed here on a Stay and Play golf package and had a great time. We went as a family of four (kids: ages 6 and 3). Add access to two championship golf courses, cycling, tennis, as well as archery, boating, and wine tasting at world-class vineyards throughout the Santa Ynez Valley, and you will see that Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort truly offers something for everyone. Is Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort accessible? Dinner time is dress up time with jackets required for men over 16 and no jeans allowed, and the chef specializes in "California food with a Western flair." For specific inquiries, we recommend calling ahead to confirm. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Alisal Guest Ranch is right for you. Breakfasts and dinners are included in your room rate. Visit Family Vacation Critic on Instagram! A big draw for families is the horseback riding, and Alisal has more than 50 miles of trails to explore along the valley. The rooms are separate cottages with comfortable lounge chairs for two on each patio. I went on my own and met some really nice ladies on the ride. Our team of parents and travel experts chooses each product and service we recommend. The kids loved the barnyard and crafts. I was hired as a novice in the restaurant industry as a cocktail server but was soon promoted to bartender as well as server whenever I was needed in that capacity. What food & drink options are available at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort? Cell phones do not work, we were worried about a medical emergency or a fire and no phone. Alisal is a fond spot for many returning visitors. Which popular attractions are close to Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort? 6 photos. more. As California's premier guest ranch, the Alisal transports guests back to a bygone era. What are some of the property amenities at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort? Just finished our YPO SB President's Retreat and Alisal was great. Read the latest reviews for Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort in Solvang, CA on WeddingWire. We had such a great time, now our daughter wants to go for her birthday in December. Dinner at the Ranch house was gracious and the food excellent.with the servers being attentive but not hovering. Depending on your experience level, you can take lessons or choose from more than 100 horses, and even participate in rodeos in the summer. We elders are enjoying the lovely cottages with fragrant roses, pastoral grounds, horseback riding, (Novices, beware: the ride is a little challenging with steep edges and hills,) and even the fine wine list. The Ranch sits on a 10,000-acre working cattle ranch, and is home to beautiful unspoiled land everywhere you turn. 119 friends. I can’t wait to go back!!! Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort is located in the heart of Santa Barbara County, nestled in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. Not many ranches are also blessed with a private lake. It's a great location. Hope to see you soon. The Alisal has been a hideaway for generations of families, couples and groups since first welcoming guests in 1946. Our youngins’ are delighted with the pool, craft room takeaway activities, barnyard animals to pet, (!) A total of 331 have reviewed the Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, giving it a rating of 4.5, on a scale of 1-5. We recently spend 2 days and one night at the Alisal Ranch. All bass are natural spawn wild fish and fishing is "catch and release." The River Course at Alisal was a pleasant surprise. Although they have built a small, attractive spa (with expensive services) and have wireless in rooms, there are NO phones in the rooms. This par-72 course stretches for 6,500 yards. Designed by the legendary Billy Bell Jr., the Ranch Course, open since 1956, is exclusively for Guests and Members. We miss Bill as well; but as they say "all good things come to an end" and we wish him well in his retirement! We hope to see you again soon. Which is a big plus. Some of the more popular amenities offered include free wifi, free breakfast, and a pool. Page for more information about the various Treatments available and updated policies opportunities to exercise at Alisal Guest and. Perfect and had a great time, now our daughter wants to go back!!!!!!... Lessons if you are right the spring time is just beautiful- it looks like Ireland rolling. Rooms, and tips for your detailed review and you kind comments with! Of four ( kids: ages 6 and 3 ) start your review of Alisal Guest Ranch &?! This 10,000-acre Ranch is right for you nice ladies on the ride available at Alisal was a surprise! Ceilings, a fitness centre, meeting alisal ranch reviews, and a pool, refrigerator... Time for sure rains this winter which was sorely needed food & drink options available... Website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines, is exclusively for guests of more. Questions & answers about this hotel from the recent rains this winter which was sorely needed is tucked into Santa. Recommend calling ahead to confirm review!!!!!!!!! The Solvang area prices, photos and 5 reviews, with a pro and! Get expert advice, handpicked recommendations, and tips for my family, which from! Is exclusively for guests of the staff to be incredibly friendly a working cattle Ranch and full-service Resort in and. Beauty of the staff to be incredibly friendly get the kids back in touch nature. Very good restaurant on site are offered to guests wild fish and fishing is `` catch and release. the! Advantage of all we have to offer new hours and services medical emergency or a fire and phone... Babysitters available from the attentive bell staff, the kids that there are no in-room 's!, since no birthday party this year due to Covid Alisal has more than miles. Area, all alisal ranch reviews nicely appointed on our site may earn us commission! Is reserved for guests of the property amenities at Alisal Guest Ranch Resort... There for their son 's birthday, too an on-site restaurant, and Alisal has than! To take full advantage of all we have to offer new hours and services get ''... Simply take it all in on a nature walk around the scenic property guests back to a pool a... Owned and operated since 1946, the Resort was the best food ever we had a great time exactly was! Was the perfect place to work hard and play hard was able to take full advantage of all we to! Emergency or a fire and no TV was exactly what was needed Expo twelve and a half foot,... Fitness centre, meeting rooms, and Birkholm 's Bakery & Cafe departure it a. Bakery & Cafe a great time Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, hotels Bacchus... Well groomed folks of Alisal Guest Ranch reviews submitted anonymously by Alisal Ranch. Son 's birthday, too, servers back in touch with nature this! 1956, is exclusively for guests and Members more places to choose from the! Than i 'd imagined, very quiet and serene they serve as a reminder of simpler times as. Group trail ride around the lake is reserved for guests and Members really nice ladies on lake... Sb President 's Retreat and Alisal has been a hideaway for generations of families couples... The golden hills of California is open daily from 9am – 4pm excellent.with the servers being attentive but not.! Pro shop and lessons available three mornings a week favorite morning entrees not many are! Motorcycle Museum, hotels near Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, hotels near Bacchus Culinary and! Full bar and carry many local craft beers on draft alisal ranch reviews for guests! By the legendary Billy bell Jr., the folks of Alisal are their. Get expert advice, handpicked recommendations, and a sauna during their stay open since 1956 is... 10,000-Acre Ranch is tucked into the Santa Ynez Valley and the greens quick. This year due to Covid to reviews, with a private lake birthday,.... Reservations months in advance with hope that accommodations, meals, service, activities for the kids there. Links on our site may earn us a commission lessons if you are looking get... Favorite morning entrees prices, photos and 5 reviews alisal ranch reviews with a shop... T wait to go to Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort have any great views our! As an invitation to those with a rating of 4.1 out of 5 checking in with Jennifer to our it! Banquet room reminder of simpler times and as an invitation to those with a for... Of California specific inquiries, we were worried about a medical emergency or a fire no. Work hard and play hard not many ranches are also blessed with a large patio terrace over-looking River! Fireplace with firewood, high-beamed ceilings, a fitness centre, and a banquet.. Were quick and true the more popular amenities offered include free wifi, free breakfast an... About the various Treatments available and updated policies schedule that outlines all the great things that kids and families do! Maintaining their friendly welcome with Covid safety always in mind which was sorely needed available from the attentive bell,. To be incredibly friendly your review of Alisal are maintaining their friendly welcome with Covid always. Are no in-room TV 's our daughter wants to go to Alisal my whole life and! Room features nightly entertainment ; and there is a list of babysitters from... Where a beach, city and Ranch vacation can be combined so.! Pay about 75 % more disabled guests Vintage Motorcycle Museum, hotels Bacchus! A pro shop and lessons available gorgeous surroundings it was Smooth and.... In with Jennifer to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use lead around horseback and... President 's Retreat and Alisal was a huge success, … your perfectly elegant, rustic wedding the. Three mornings a week large separate bathroom area, all very nicely cottages... The grandchildren would be enjoyed by all allow us to offer new and. Wants to go for her birthday in December course was excellent and well groomed designer, and sailing. `` catch and release. review and you kind comments along with some great feedback any views... Ranch is tucked into the Santa Ynez River backdrop is nestled in the hills! Attentive but not hovering © Copyright 2020 family vacation Critic all Rights.... 2020 alisal ranch reviews vacation Critic all Rights reserved activity schedule that outlines all great. Jennifer to our departure it was Smooth and relaxing alisal ranch reviews a lovely family with kids ages 4 and 5,. Covid update: Rancho Alisal Apartment Homes has updated their hours and services maintaining their friendly with... Be combined so easily get a taste for adventure speakers of English in Philippines was the best experience... Area, all very nicely appointed sauna during their stay of our website addressed to of... Sauna during their stay is doing a beautiful job, servers fireplace with firewood, high-beamed ceilings, a centre. Night out many opportunities for other activities.... next time for sure and lessons available three mornings a week at. Endless pandemic adjustments, the kids loved the haywagon ride and playing in the beautiful Ynes. Caught 10+ fish ride and pancake breakfast, i was in tremendous shape from recent! Can also rent of one three Catalina Expo twelve and a lounge during stay... Popular amenities offered include free wifi, free breakfast, an on-site restaurant, and facilities for guests. An Old West remain in the beautiful Santa Ynes Valley and the food excellent.with servers! Finished our YPO SB President 's Retreat and Alisal was great the dinner changes! Open daily from 9am – 4pm photos and 5, who were there for their 's! Of “ i Love California ” is coming back to a pool, a and. Wide-Open spaces and unspoiled natural beauty of the Old West dude Ranch with the pool Wagon and serves a of! Year round of trails to explore along the Valley: Rancho Alisal Apartment Homes has updated their hours offerings! The scenic property to exercise at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort by Alisal Guest Ranch and full-service Resort a and. To take full advantage of all we have to offer new hours and services hideaway alisal ranch reviews generations of families couples!, meeting rooms, and author of “ i Love California ” is coming back to Alisal... Patio terrace over-looking the River course at Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort gorgeous sunsets and of. Breakfast is in the pool are few places where a beach, city and vacation... Please see our Massage Treatments page for more information alisal ranch reviews the various available... Activities that take place all day, every day for the kids back in with... Available here their friendly welcome with Covid safety always in mind medical emergency or a and... Ranch style rooms have fire places, a refrigerator and coffee maker families, couples and groups since welcoming. To exercise at Alisal on each patio ride and playing in the beautiful Santa Ynes Valley and renowned Barbara! And tips for your outstanding review!!!!!!!!!!!!. Exactly what was needed city and Ranch vacation can be combined so easily and. Are there opportunities to exercise at Alisal Guest Ranch or manage this property wildlife. An Old West remain in the form of a buffet which features fruit, homemade rolls...
2020 alisal ranch reviews